FREE CONSULTATIONS 1-810-234-2204 1-855-55-BENEFITS 1-810-234-2204 1-855-55-BENEFITS

The Flint Journal ‘Ask the Attorney’ Column

Q.    I took a part-time job at night to make extra money, but I was injured there, and now I cannot do either of my jobs. Workers’ comp is paying me a percentage of my part-time wages, but I cannot survive on that alone. What can I do?

A. Michigan workers’ comp wage loss benefits generally amount to 80% of your after-tax lost wages, including wages from both of your jobs. The State of Michigan’s Dual Employment Fund is supposed to contribute money to your workers’ compensation checks if more than 20% of your income was earned in employment other than from the workplace where you were hurt. If the State is refusing to follow the law, please call to discuss how we can help you secure your full benefits.

–Attorney Robert MacDonald (Oct 2016)